Thursday, October 19, 2006

Women

As the reality of yet another child joining our family starts to assert itself on my consciousness (what little there is), I have been most grateful for my wonderful and beautiful wife, Susan. Whether they are technically mothers or not, women have a real knack for looking out for others. I think Dave Barry says it best:

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.


That is so true! Keep up the good work, women. Don't let us guys get in the way.

FYI, for those you who don't know, I am now the YM president in my ward. I will be speaking about treating women, girls and children with respect--one of the purposes of the Aaronic Priesthood--this Sunday. I think I will use Dave Barry's wisdom. And, if you have any pearls of wisdom for me (or if you feel I am not qualified to speak on this subject), please comment and let me know.

3 comments:

Sam Nielson said...

Sorry I missed your post until it was too late. I'm sure I could have thought of something to add. I can't promise that it would have been good, but at least I could feel like I contributed.

Marilyn said...

I, too, meant to contribute something really pithy and profound. Unfortunately, I forgot. Sorry! How did it go?

David V. Benge said...

Alas, my counselors obeyed my instructions and only left me about 4 minutes. I used 6 and went over, but I didn't have time to develop a coherent thought (which I rarely do anyway). So, it didn't matter. Thanks for thinking of me!