Friday, May 18, 2007

Life in the slow lane

Hello everybody,

I just thought I would write a quick blog. First of all Sandin now has his website up for his business so if you want to take a look at it here it is:

www.froyddesign.com


He worked hard on it, so let us know what you think.

On another note, congratulations to Sam and Marilyn on their wedding.

Our lives are up at the moment. Sandin doesn't have a ton of work, but we finally feel like it will be taking off soon. We may be moving into his grandmother's house soon, and he'll probably get a sign for his business there. I have a small garden in pots and it's thriving. We're doing okay.

That's about it. Oh, one more thing. Let us know soon whether or not you'll be coming down for Sandin's birthday camping trip on June 1-2. (We'll probably be going up a day earlier than that if anyone really wants to join us.) We'll probably be making reservations soon so we need an approximate number.

6 comments:

superguy said...

The website looks really good just one little thing I would suggest on that first page just make it text on white the gray box is a little akward. Sometimes that kind of stuff can be tricky depending on programs used but it seems like it would feel a little cleaner. Beautiful stuff though very cool site.

Mike and Kari said...

The site looks great, but I have a few suggestions:

* I think the site would look a little tighter (and work better for those with smaller resolutions) if you had the top of the content area align with the top of the thumbnails used for navigation along the left side of the page.

* When you go to "See Inside" link of the Certified Insurance example, there is no "back" link like the some of the others where you can "see inside" or see detail, etc. I have some further suggestions on how you might set that up (I assume this is all hard coded, so I think you could use not only next links but previous and next links to facilitate navigation through the details of an example). I can explain this better if you want to look into it further...

* I think it would be nice if you took the underline off the links along the top but used underlines in the hover state. This is only an opinion, but I think it would be a nice touch. (it would match the way the thumbnails are outlined when you hover).

* I would consider including your area code in the contact info.

Well that about all I have. I hope you find the feedback constructive (because that was the intention).

With Kari being 7+ months along, we are not planning on camping, but Sandin we do want to wish you a Happy Birthday in advance!!

Take care,

Mike

David V. Benge said...

I need to have an opinion, too.

Ummmmmmm.

1. You should mention that you are related to me by marriage. There are 2 or 3 people in Cedar City that remember me, and half of them may have thought I was OK, and probably one tenth of those will need your services at some point so . . . never mind.

2. Put dinosaurs on your page. Dinosaurs are cool.

3. Make sure they know you aren't Sigmund Freud's brother. That could be really bad for business. Or really good. Or neither.

Sorry--no camping for us this year. We will be moving. Feel free to pretend we are there, though.

Later!

Katy Froyd said...

I updated the site and included several of your suggestions, except adding dinosaurs, sorry Dave, but I am going to include some pirate stuff, not to be confused with pirated stuff. Thank you so much for your input, Sandin

Mike and Kari said...

I like the updates. Good luck with the business.

Mike

Sam Nielson said...

Beautiful photos on the site.

We won't be coming for the camping, sorry.