Saturday, November 08, 2008

Hello and blog info

Hey all. Long time no see for some of you.

Thought I'd drop a quick hello as well as a plug for my new blog.

Firstly an update.

Um...

Every thing's the same.

Is there anyone I haven't seen or communicated with in long enough that they wouldn't know kinda what's going one with us?

We live in Lindon now. We're attending the church building we all grew up in. It's pretty cool. Brings back LOTS of memories.

We have a dog. We have two cats. They (the cats) almost died of distemper last week but Bryony pulled them through by syringing pedialite, baby-food and medicine down their throats. We feel really lucky they pulled through because distemper in cats has a 60-90% mortality rate (and the 60% is when you hospitalize them).

Uh...what else.

Life's pretty good.

Well, on to the plugs.

First:

www.folkprophet.com

As many of you know, I've written a few children's books. I'm publishing them via print-on-demand services as well as a few other titles by others (I'm trying to get mom to get her book re-written, for example...which she's plugging along faithfully.) I have high hopes of this new means of publishing (traditional publishing has GOT to lose wind in the face of new technologies and the Internet, right?) I'm trying to work out marketing schemes...you know...invasive spam and the like...that are free that I can utilize to get the word out.

Anyhow, so if any of you have anything you want published, come to me. I know some of you (Katy, for example) are interested in pursuing traditional publishing (and that's awesome and I wish her the best of luck - though Katy is currently listed under my coming soon artists because she's messing around with doing art for Mom's book.) But if any of you have stuff you've written or want to write, check out the website and consider it.

Speaking of marketing and by way of another plug:

STEALTHMAN (stealthman-musical.blogspot.com)

This is the musical I'm currently working on. I intend to update it DAILY - so if it interests or entertains you, feel free to check it daily and hear new clips or whatever. Anyone can comment on it...even anonymously, so feel free to say what you think and whatever.

Anyhow, it was great to see most of you at Miriam's baptism and Joshua's blessing. For those of you who weren't able to come, we miss you and hopefully we'll see you at Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Later all,
Charles (and Bryony)

No comments: