Monday, March 13, 2006

Cysts and Simpsons | Katy

Dear family,

I'm sure that mom has updated everyone about my situation at this point, but just in case she forgot . . .

On Sunday morning (really, really early morning) I woke up in a terrible amount of pain. It was unusual enough that I called mom to see if I should go to the hospital. I went into the hospital with my roommate and Sandin met me there a little while later. After being shot up, x-rayed, and vampirized, they sent me home with instructions to return in the morning for an ultrasound. All they gave me at the time was that I had an unusual lump in my right flank, that could be a number of things.

When I got there in the morning the ultrasound confirmed that it was a hemmoraged ovarian cyst (I still don't know if that is spelled right). They gave me Lortab, and instructions to stay in bed for a few days, and to see a gynocologist.

So here is the translation (according to the gynocologist, if you get squeemish at this point, skip ahead): A blood vessel burst in a cyst on my ovary. The cyst has filled with blood, and if it ruptures I could have serious internal bleeding. That' s bad.

Sandin was worried about me staying at my apartment since my roommates are not around much this week (it's spring break), so I'm staying in the Froyd's spare bedroom until I get better or until Friday, whichever comes first. Despite Sandin's worry, I refuse to postpone my bridal shower, so that will be as scheduled. I may just have to sit during most of it if I'm not better yet.

I'm extremely excited about my wedding ( it is four weeks from Friday, but whose counting). I hope to see you all soon.

I forgot to add this little side note. If any of you are in the mood to be entertained . . . I know that most of the family isn't into Simpsons, but you should at least be familiar with the intro, and this is a funny little thing to watch http://youtube.com/watch?v=49IDp76kjPw . Enjoy.

1 comment:

Sam Nielson said...

Glad to hear that you're going to be okay. I liked the Simpsons thing.